

In my studies this morning, I was reminded about the fact that God must be at the center of everything. I was listening to worship music, and reading verses that talked about bowing our knees before the Father. In the midst of my stream of thoughts, I began to wonder, "What does this have to do with seeking justice and telling people about Jesus?" Then I remembered the whole purpose of this blog. It really comes back to the kingdom. If we are seeking His kingdom, then we are seeking that everything in this world be subject to the King. But in our efforts to seek the kingdom of God, we must make sure that we do not lose sight of the King, that we don't forget that this Kingdom has a King at its center. Sometimes we get so busy in giving money to the poor, or in forming groups around a cause, that we forget the King at the center of this kingdom.
2 comments:
This is SO true! People formed around a cause who have not put the King as the focus tend to either lose hope or burnout trying to bring justice by their own strength. If we are to join Him in reaching out to the lost and hurting, He must be at the center and our efforts must flow out of our love for Him. Jesus put it this way, "Remain in me." It was important enough that He said it 7 times just in one teaching.
Hi Jonny ... I figured you probably had a blog. About the KOG, no less.
Post a Comment